The Sun Lakes Republican Club will feature “America’s Godly Heritage”, an important film, at its regular meeting Tuesday, December 11, at 6:30 p.m. in the Arizona Room of the Sun Lakes Country Club, 25601 S. Sun Lakes Blvd., Sun Lakes, AZ 85248. The public is invited.
“America’s Godly Heritage” explores the historical basis of the Founders’ establishment of our government through a review of primary source writings of the signers of our Declaration of Independence and U.S. Constitution. The public acknowledgement of God was more than just a pleasant practice in early America; it actually formed the basis of our government philosophy set forth in the Declaration of Independence:
“We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights; that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness; that to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. That whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it and to institute new government.”
Thus, five immutable principles constitute the heart and soul of American government:
1. Government acknowledges that there is a Creator
2. Government acknowledges that the Creator gives specific inalienable rights to man
3. Government acknowledges that it exists to protect God-given rights
4. Government acknowledges that below the level of God-given rights, government powers are to be operated only with the permission of citizens – i.e., with the “consent of the governed”
5. If government fails to meet the four standards above, the people have an inalienable right to abolish that government and institute a new one that does observe the four criteria above. The
Founders understood that if we became complacent in our recognition of God as the center of our lives and government, then we would lose our liberties.
In addition to our film, the candidates running for leadership of our Maricopa County Republican Party, A.J. LaFaro and Lisa Gray, will present their respective visions for the next two years.
Come join us! All are welcome! For more information, please visit our web site www.slgop.org,
or contact Mike Tennant, 480-802-0178.